Voting system allows every company to understand better a sense of progression to build companies roadmap, interact with the users based on received feedback and analyze customers involvement.
With voting system it's much easier to collect the ideas your customers and partners care about most of all, understand their relative priority from the perspective of your community and promote the best features to your roadmap.
How Voting System Works
In UseResponse both customers and support agents can leave votes either in community or embedded widget right on website.
We limit only one vote per user per topic or comment unless you have Enterprise package where you can set not just upvote limit but also weight of the vote. If vote is added by accident, user can easily remove it or change his mind, when system supports negative voting.
When submitting new topic or comment, author's vote is automatically added to the object and user is subscribed to it.
How to Vote & Use Voting Filters
There are several places in the system where users can show their support or agreement with an idea or any comment:
- Home Screen - right inside topics list widget;
- Full Topic Page - by clicking on buttons under topic description;
- List of Topics - by rolling over any topic;
- Embeddable Widget - right on your website or web application on self-service step when user views similar to his submitting topics.
Topics where user left the vote would be marked with check in the list and be shown under his account.
Sorting by Votes
Both users and support agents can see how many votes are left for specific topic or comment and use sorting options in order to get listed either popular or trending topics. Support agents have more options to use filters in the Agents interface while creating new reports, using analytics or right on the Dashboard.
- Popular Topics - topics with the most number of votes got since submission of each of them;
- Trending Topics - topics with the highest amount of activity (replies, comments, votes) over a given period of time will be ranked in the top of the list.
- Popular Comments - used on the full topic page to help support agents identify "Best Answer" and stick comment on top.
Negative & Anonymous Voting
In Administration » System » Feedback you can configure voting settings according to your business requirements:
- Negative Voting - allows your customers to show disapproval or disagreement with a topic. Negative votes are only collected on full topic page, as topics list or home screen won't give user comprehensive idea only based on title to make a decision leave a negative vote;
- Anonymous Votes - collect votes from non registered users. Keep in mind that anonymous users can leave random number of votes as the author is not tracked, so your final result can disappoint you from objective side.
On that page you can also redefine behavior of the system if user should be subscribed to the topic when he upvotes it.
Smart Voting System
It was always hard to get user more involved in the process of leaving feedback, so we have created Smart Voting system to engage more customers and get them involved into voting process on your ideas.
[img - coming soon...]
Once any customer leaves you new idea either in the community or embeddable widget, he would be offered to leave votes for already submitted ideas one by one. User can skip any idea and go to the next one or upvote it. The rotation would be unless specified ideas used in smart voting system ends.
To define which ideas are participated in Smart Voting system, you need to go to Administration » System » Feedback and switch on the feature, then define the status of the ideas that would be used for rotation. We recommend creating custom status like "Gather Feedback" or "Open Discussion" and assign ideas to it, when you are not sure about submitted features.
As a support agent there are number of places you can get more details about who voted for specific topic and sort objects on the go:
- Who Voted - on full objects page open Options and check Statistics;
- Topics List / Custom Reports - select sorting options for each report you create in agent interface or sort on the go in existing report using filters area icon in the top right of the screen;
- Votes of User - check topics where specific user left votes by going to user profile and selecting votes filter.