RSS (Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary) provides the possibility for users to keep track of the activity in the environment they are interested in.
UseResponse gives users the ability to simply subscribe to the RSS feed and then read the updates in all topics, announcements or even in a a particular topic category. Using RSS can greatly simplify how you get the content you are interested in.
To subscribe to RSS feeds in your forum, you need to use news readers or some sort of RSS aggregators. Some of them can be downloaded for free, some of them with more features will be chargeable.
Here are the most popular ones:
- Web-based feed readers (Feedly, RSS Feed Reader e.g.);
- Browser built-in readers (Firefox Live Bookmarks e.g.);
- Email-based feed readers (Mozilla Thunderbird e.g.) and many others including mobile and desktop readers.
These applications allow you to aggregate all your feeds from different resources in one interface and get notified.
Subscribe to RSS Feeds
Once you have a reader installed on your PC or Mac, you would need to subscribe to topics or announcements by clicking RSS icon. Here are several options you have:
- Subscribe to updates right from home screen of the forum by clicking on RSS where you see topics list or inside Share block;
- Subscribe to new news and announcements in the community by clicking on RSS icon on Announcements list page;
- Get notified via RSS on specific topic page;
- Categories / Products updates: on topics list page select the category in the filter and click on RSS icon. You would get updates just on that category feedback.
If RSS reader doesn't catch your RSS subscription, just copy the URL from the address bar and paste it in new RSS feed.
Once you add the feed you'll be notified both in your feed reader and via email (depends on your aggregator) about all updates in the forum.