Ticket status is one of the main ticket field that help users and support agents track the progress and define business rules in the system. Admin can manage ticket statuses in Administration » Statuses.
In order to create new status, go to Administration » Statuses, click New Status, select required type of object, fill in status title, select a state that would be applied to the object in this status and click Submit.
In Help Desk platform UseResponse has 4 core statuses that are protected from changing:
- Opened - this status is applied to every ticket created or received in your ticketing system by default. To change default status when ticket is submitted to the system, use radio button next to the required status.
- On Hold - depends on company workflow a ticket can be set for a pause if it requires internal discussion or resolving another issue before replying to the customer. SLA (Service Level Agreement) timer for these tickets would be turned off;
- Awaiting Reply - when your agents need some clarification from the customer or confirmation that the issue is resolved, the ticket could me marked as "Awaiting Reply";
- Completed - once you provided the solution, the customers could complete the ticket using direct access link from email or agents could do it for them in Agents interface.
For protected statuses you can edit only their background and text color. In case you want to change status name, go to Administration » Languages and rename it in your own way.
Custom Statuses & Management
There is no possibility to edit system statuses, however you may create custom ticket statuses that have to be included in your workflow.
There are several ways update ticket with new status:
- Manually - on ticket page or using batch actions on requests page;
- Macros - create specific batch actions for manual usage on ticket page. Macros could be managed in Manage » Macros for each agent;
- Automation Rules - create trigger that would change the status based on specific conditions in the system.
Enterprise customers have the ability to assign all new incoming requests in the team in a smart way based on agent workload and define SLA rules for the time when agents should respond your customers and resolve their issues.
Due to company workflow you might need to deduct some queries from agent workload limit if they require third-party participation or team discussion and agent doesn't need to resolve the issue at the moment.
We allow to change default and custom statuses (only those that set object in open state) and enable the option so tickets (topics) in this state won't be counted in workload agent limit and could pause SLA timer.
By the way statuses with closed state don't affect SLA metric calculation and workload count.
Using Statuses in Automation Rules
Depending on your workflow you can setup new triggers to update status based on specific conditions in the system automatically. This would be setup in Administration » Automation & Notifications.
There could be many use cases when it could be required:
- You want to update ticket status automatically when agent replies;
- If one of your custom field changes, it would be required to change status automatically;
- When customer replies, ticket status should be changed to another one.
By default every time a customer responds to a ticket with "Awaiting Reply" status, its status will automatically be moved back to "Opened". To redefine it, please create new or update current trigger.
Notifications on Changing Status
Once you change the status of the ticket, customer would receive email notification. This behavior could be redefined in automation rules with custom notification template, or you can update "Change Object Status" email template in Administration » Email » Email Templates.
There are other notification options in automation rules in order to not notify specific groups of users or notify only on specific statuses in the system when they are updated.