You can use our widget to provide instant support in chat, collect feedback, raise private user requests, or search articles for immediate self-service directly on your website.
Just embed the widget code generated by the system into any page of your website or application for a seamless user experience and your customers wouldn't need to search for a dedicated portal to contact your support team.
Embeddable widgets can be managed in Administration » Support Channels where you can customize the widget interface, its tab and define the widget behavior.
To implement the widget code into your website or application, please go to Administration » Support Channels » Widget and edit the default widget. These are the instructions on how to set up the widget profile.
First, you'd need to add channels your users may contact you. The list of channels depends on the number of purchased solutions (Feedback, Help Desk with Live Chat, Knowledge Base). In Administration » Applications you can activate available channels.
Here is the list of all possible channels in UseResponse:
- Feedback Form;
- Contact Form;
- Knowledge Base - embed your online documentation right inside your website;
- Live Chat - insert live chat widget for delivering customer service instantly. More details about setting up the live chat workflow could be found here.
- Messengers - please refer to the article on how to set up messengers in UseResponse;
- URL - you can add your custom channel with a specific URL leading to a particular web page.
Set up Widget Availability
Define the certain period of time when the widget icon will be displayed for your customers.
You also have the ability to set up widget availability within specific business hours profiles. You could find more details on how to set up business hours in our knowledge base.
With UseResponse you are able to set custom colors for each channel, choose one of the predefined background themes instead of a default one, decide whether to display the widget title or not.
Once the widget is customized, preview it, copy the generated code, and add it to the required place of the website.
You can use widgets right on your community pages by clicking "External Scripts" in the Menu where you can put the widget code.
In order to use several widgets with different settings and integrate them in different locations of the website or application, you need to use profiles. To create a new profile, click New » Widget in Administration » Support Channels and perform the above-mentioned steps to set it up.
With UseResponse you can identify your users without their logging in via the community portal.
Once your client is logged in to your website, you can transfer the user's data into UseResponse. In order to pass important visitor's information from your site (names, emails, addresses, etc.), please paste the following script on the page of your website where the widget code is located. This script should deliver any user data you want to send to the UseResponse instance.
To add the ability to authenticate users in the widget, please perform the following instructions:
- On your server-side, you need to generate dynamically the SHA256 hash of the string that includes only the user's email and security token. Example: email@example.com
To get a security token, please enable Single Sign-On in Administration » Applications, click Settings, select the OneLogin method and grab Security Key from Integration Details. If you don't want to use Single Sign-On login, please disable the application.
Make sure you can pass generated hash and user's details on every page of your site where you embed the widget.
- Please paste the following script on every page of your website where the code is located. This script should deliver the hash of the user's email and security key along with any user's data you want to send to the UseResponse instance.
property_172 is the user's field id that can be taken from Administration » Custom Fields » Users or if you want to transfer other custom information to the additional chat fields.
188 is the value of a custom field.
To find out the value of a custom field, please use the Inspector tool in your browser.
When you finish the setup, you will be able to recognize your customers and grab their data from your database.
In order to open widget with the link on your website, instead of the tab provided, you can use the following guide:
- Add widget code generated in your widget profile to your web page;
- Add "ursdk-viewport-maximize" attribute with the proper widget id to any HTML element by clicking on which you are going to open the widget. Example:
<p>Feel free to <span ursdk-viewport-maximize="6"> contact our support </span></p>
In this case, you trigger the widget by clicking the "contact our support" link.