Providing support is getting more automated recently and UseResponse makes it better to get your customers more happy by providing various channels of live chat support.
This article will guide you on how to add bots and public accounts to provide support using UseResponse Live Chat solution in popular messengers.
First, you need to enable the required messengers in Administration » Applications.
Setup of messengers will require some time, and our support team will assist you if you experience any problems
Facebook Messenger Setup
First of all, you need to create at least one public company page on your Facebook account.
Once the page is created, in Administration » Support Channels click New » Facebook at the top right. Authorize with the account that is the administrator of your company's facebook page.
Once authorized, in the popup select that page and proceed.
Now you would have the option for users on the frontend to choose Facebook Messenger as an option to write to your company support agents and once they reply in the UseResponse backend, users would get replies in their Facebook accounts.
To add skype as your support channel, you need to create skype bot in Microsoft environment. Please refer to the article Setting up Skype as Support Channel as instructions are more complex than setting up other messengers.
WeChat is one of the most powerful social messengers used by over a billion users. To add WeChat as a support channel in UseResponse, you should have WeChat Official Account which can be created here by clicking on Register button.
- In UseResponse in Administration » Support Channels click New » WeChat at the top right:
- Enter WeChat bot title;
- Paste AppID and AppSecret from WeChat account;
- Generate any random token on your own, save it for further usage;
- Attach QR code image taken from WeChat account;
- If you have several chat widget profiles, specify the ones WeChat will be used for;
- Hit Submit and copy the displayed URL.
- In WeChat account settings insert copied URL and previously generated token, add the following IP address 188.8.131.52 to the whitelist;
- Save the configuration details in WeChat account;
- Get back to the UseResponse administration area and click Submit in the pop-up.
Your WeChat account is successfully created in UseResponse.
Telegram is the most promising messenger on the market. To add Telegram support you would need to create bot first.
- Open your Telegram on mobile device or web version and find BotFather contact;
- In the contact type /newbot and answer the questions about the name of the bot and bot slug;
- Enter the slug that should end on the bot. For example, useresponsebot;
- Take the provided token and add it in the popup window of UseResponse while adding telegram as support channel in Administration » Support Channels.
Viber channel provides access to the Viber account manager in order to create a bot that will work with UseResponse.
- Go to Viber Bot Submitting page;
- Create Viber Account Manager for your business phone and log in;
- Create bot and enter all credentials about your company, upload company logo, etc;
- Once you complete the Viber profile, take Auth Key and enter it in UseResponse popup where you are adding Viber in Administration » Support Channels.
VK is a Russian based social network that allows customers to provide support in UseResponse using public VK page and embed it as a supported messenger.
- First of all, you need to create a public page at your account. Go to VK Groups and click Create Community. At the pop, please enter the official title and select it to be public page;
- On your public page click Manage Community (page settings) - Messages - Enable Messages - Save it;
- In UseResponse add VK as a channel in Administration » Support Channels. In the popup, click the Connect VK page. Confirm permissions and click Submit and again it would ask you for permissions that you need to confirm.
Now you can use official VK messenger in your widget as an option.