In this article we'll go into some details about the types of user accounts that can be created in UseResponse.
One of the parameter you can differentiate all users in your system is user state.
There are 4 default states users can belong to:
- Active - registered users in your system. There are two ways to create active user account:
- add new contact directly from agent interface;
- fill in registration form in help center without setting the password - the system will set it automatically and activate new registered user account.
Active users which logged in the community and are located in it for the last 5 minutes will be marked with online tooltip. To view the list of all online agents and end-users go to Users page and select Online segment. Online indicator could be especially sufficient for distributed teams to view quickly who you can start interacting with.
- Not Activated - here are the cases when not activated account is created:
- unregistered user submitted ticket, shared idea in the community or started chat conversation by entering just email;
- user set password while filling in contact form but didn't confirm activation from registration email;
- users were imported into the system via CSV file.
Administrator and agent with "Manage People" permission can activate user account manually in user profile under Options » Activate or in user list by clicking Activate option next to user name. User should receive registration email with access credentials into help center.
- Without Login - includes all not activated user accounts and those active users who never entered their login credentials in UseResponse;
- Banned - users that lost access to the community mostly because of publishing inappropriate content in it, they cannot sign in the system and send requests.
You can ban user in his profile in agent interface, in user segment or forbid his access while declining topic or comment on moderation. If you ban user by mistake or temporarily for some reasons, there is an option to recover his access into the system.
- Available/Not Available (not state) - indicator only for support agents based on business hours set up in the system. It's efficient when you configure triggers for autamatic assignments.
UseResponse provides an easy way to view all user states and build custom segments based on them. On Users page filter customers by states in filter section at the top right or build custom segment with state column to use it on a permanent base.