Jira is widely used for issue tracking and project management all over the world. In case your company runs UseResponse for customer support and Jira for internal development process, you would be able to set up efficient collaboration between support and development teams.
The integration with Jira supports creating new Jira issues from UseResponse tickets and topics, syncing data between Jira and UseResponse, linking tickets to existing Jira issues and search for them directly from agents interface.
Jira integration is available only in Enterprise Cloud or Self-Hosted packages
Jira Integration Settings
To connect your Jira account, please navigate to Administration area of UseResponse and perform the following instructions:
- Self-hosted version - install module in Administration » Modules » Available Modules;
Cloud version - click Jira in the Integration section;
- Enter your JIRA domain name;
- Fill in username and password for the user associated with admin on Jira. Then click Submit. You can always test connection to your Jira host endpoint with saved settings.
- After successful connection, you'll see the number of projects of your Jira account. Please select the projects where new issues will be moved from UseResponse instance. Issues within selected projects will be available for search in agents interface.
In order to sync updates between Jira and UseResponse you need to connect UseResponse account in Jira:
- Choose Add-ons option under Administration icon in Jira account;
- Select UseResponse Settings in the left side bar;
- Fill in your UseResponse domain with trailing slash at the end (e.g. https://help.useresponse.com/) and ApiKey that can be taken in admin profile under Options » Api Settings. Hit Save button. You'll get notification whether entered credentials are correct;
- Then you should decide how to map statuses and priorities to each other. Once you are done, hit Save.
With Jira integration you can do the following actions:
- Move to Jira - if a customer reports a bug or leaves a feature request in your community and you want to track its implementation in Jira account, the agent can create a new Jira issue and sync automatically all further updates between linked ticket and issue (new comments, new status, priority, tags, updated description etc.). In order to move the ticket details into Jira:
- click Jira in the top right of the full ticket page;
- select Move to Jira option;
- define issue type and the project to create the issue.
The option to sync all updates is enabled by default. You have opportunity to turn it off and any issue modifications wouldn't have impact on ticket state.
- Link to Jira - link existing ticket/topic with Jira issue. You should enter ID of the existing Jira issue and UseResponse ticket will be connected to it.
- View Jira Issue - once UseResponse ticket is linked to valid Jira issue, in the ticket's header you'll see Jira ID by clicking on which all the details about linked Jira issue (summary, status, priority etc.) will be displayed in the right sidebar.
To unlink the ticket, just click minus icon next to Jira ID and you wouldn't get further issue updates;
- Search Issues - you would have the ability to search for Jira issues within the projects you chose while setting up Jira module. This option is available in UseResponse within main search located on the top left of agent interface.
- Move to UseResponse - integration provides ability to convert issue into UseResponse ticket from your Jira account and access this ticket from issue page. To submit a ticket click "Move to UseResponse" button on the issue page in Jira instance and ticket id will appear that will lead right into UseResponse ticket page. In this case automatic sync is enabled by default.