@mentions could be used as an easy way to include a member of the support team into teamwork on the problem.
Mention feature could be useful in the following cases:
- When you want to pay an agent's attention to a specific comment or important user suggestion in the community;
- When you want to assign several tasks to different agents within one ticket or comment;
- When you need to draw a certain agent's attention to a specific problem in a chat conversation.
Note: make sure that you enabled WYSIWYG editor in Administration » Interface » General
How to Mention an Agent?
There are several ways to @mention an agent:
- While you're submitting a new ticket, public comment or internal note, just type @ symbol in the description area - a popup menu will appear with the list of agents. If there are lots of members in the support team, you can type the first few letters of agent's name or email and you'll see only matching results. Choose the agent you want to mention and finish submitting the object;
- When you add a comment or a private note, you can enable @mention feature directly from the options in the right of Leave a Comment block on the full ticket/topic page in the agent interface.
When you mention someone in a new ticket or comment, this support agent would receive a notification only once. In order for the support agent to get notifications on further discussions, please subscribe him when you use the @mention feature.
Using Mentions in Chat
To notify the agent on a message or private reply in a chat conversation, please type @ symbol in the message area and select the agent you want to @mention.