Any support center deserves own Home Screen where administrator can change UseResponse interface according to specific usage of the system with the help of home screen widgets.
To start building your own home screen, go to Administration » Interface » Home Screen.
Home Screen - Widgets
System offers more than 5 default widgets that can be placed in 2 predefined areas of home page. Side area has own widgets, that could be only switched off/on.
Here are only some main widgets that are most likely to be used in your community:
- Welcome Message - widget that displays any information that could be customized using WYSIWYG. There is option to place custom styles, html to make your own boxes and specific content on home screen;
- Add/Search Topics - users will be able to search for new ideas, questions, problems before they submit anything. In order to leave only required types, please go to "Feedback Settings" and deactivate unnecessary topic types;
- Announcements - display one or several of your recent announcement. If you want to display announcement that was previously added, you can select "Display by Order" option here, and set for specific announcement the top order;
- Articles / FAQs - display knowledge base articles/faqs that could be grouped by category or displayed specific number of articles (featured or all);
- Feedback Categories - all categories of your feedback system with the latest/updated/newest topic in each category;
- Tiles - blocks with links and icons to display visually sections of your community on home screen for easy navigation. Could be managed right inside widget;
- Other Widgets - Featured Topics, Polls, etc
Most widgets could be used only once on home page. Though, there are widgets that can be used multiple times and in several locations like "Welcome Message".
After you added widget, position it by dragging to the required location and check how it looks like by going to your home page.
If you turn off all widgets in side bar, your home screen widgets will be on full content width
Side widgets are predefined, but some of them could be managed:
- Welcome Message - like in content area, you can create welcome message here with description of your community;
- Links Area - add links to your other pages of website or resources with icons. This area already has protected "Subscribe via RSS" feature predefined by UseResponse that could be easily turned off.
UseResponse Top Navigation
Apart from designing your home screen, you can define top navigation for your users. Create your own navigation if you don't have enough time or limited in resources to intensively change your interface.
The order of all tabs could be changed by dragging specific tab to the required place. Predefined protected tabs in this case could be deactivated.
While adding new tab, make sure to define if it will be page or a button that is different only in color.