UseResponse lets you organize to-do list inside a certain ticket and share tasks between several agents in the team. Task is private, seen and added only by support agents.
The feature can be really helpful for the following cases:
- Sometimes while delivering customer support agents have to perform several tasks before user issue gets resolved and ticket changes its status to closed;
- Project manager may use a global ticket with list of separate requirements to build a project plan for a new feature implementation;
- QA team can add tasks as short bug reports with steps to reproduce the issue and required attachments.
So we provide great opportunities to use our Help Desk software as a simple bug tracking or project management system.
How to Create Tasks
By default ability to manage tasks is disabled, so at first you need to switch on Task Management option in Administration » System » Help Desk.
In order to add a task for specific ticket:
- Go to its full page in agent interface and click Leave a Task at the comment section;
- Type the task content and hit Submit button or press Ctrl/Cmd+Enter on the keyboard - new task will be displayed at the top page under ticket title.
If you want to share the task with a certain teammate or department in the company, @mention them and they would be notified on it.
Ability to view, add and complete tasks is also available in mobile UI.
There are several actions that can be performed on tasks:
- Mark a task as completed by selecting checkbox next to it;
- Reopen a task if you decide that it's not fully implemented. Tooltips on hover will show you when task was completed or reopened and who performed this action;
- Edit or delete a certain task by clicking on a relevant icon at the right of the task line;
- Reorder opened tasks to put the most urgent or important ones at the top of the list.
Now you don't need to create several tickets in the system to resolve one issue. Creating a separate to-do list would be a great way to manage tasks in one place.