With online chat you can provide instant help to your customers using popular messengers or placing the widget into your website, web application and mobile app. This guide will help administrators to set up Live Chat correctly.
1. Support Channels
UseResponse provides the ability to communicate with clients both in live chat widget and in popular messengers like FB Messenger, Skype, Viber, Telegram, VK (Vkontakte). In order to connect your live chat solution with various messengers, go to Administration » Live Chat where you can add required channels for providing customer support. Please refer to the article for more details how to setup messengers in Live Chat.
In Administration » Live Chat you also need to select the agents that will be responsible for handling chat requests coming from different channels.
In Administration » Email you should set up outgoing/incoming mailbox and From Name:
- to send email notifications to your customers once they left your website and didn't catch operator's reply;
- to receive users replies to your email chat notifications right in agents interface;
- to send satisfaction surveys via email if CSAT is enabled in the system (Enterprise package).
3. Live Chat Widget
Your next step would be customizing chat widget for integration it on your website. Go to Administration » Widgets » Chat and define widget design and behavior according to your workflow:
- Color Scheme - use one of the predefined colors or specify custom color scheme that would match the design of your site;
- Chat Availability - define the certain period of time when chat icon will be displayed for your customers. Enterprise customers have the ability to set up chat availability within specific business hours profiles. You could find more details how to set up business hours in our knowledge base.
Once you configure live chat settings, grab the code and place it to the web page where you would like the chat icon to appear.
UseResponse allows to create several live chat widget profiles that could be used in different areas of your application with separate behavior and UI. To add a profile, please click New » Chat in the top right in Administration » Widgets » Chat.
Open Chat Widget on Click
If you want to open up chat with a custom link on your web page (in Contacts e.g.), please follow the instructions below:
- add live chat link with your title to the required place:
<a class="live-chat-link" href="#">Live Chat</a>
4. Automation Rules
By default if your team is offline and customer contacted you in chat, all operators would get Chat Notification that could be modified in Administration » Email » Email Templates.
To override system automation settings based on user behavior on pages, user clicks, you can set your own triggers in Administration » Automation & Notifications using Chat: On Click or Chat: User Activity events.
You can also send both targeted messages and specific articles from Knowledge Base based on tracking users activity, keywords in the message or clicking on some elements of your page. More details could be found in live chat automation article.